Safety and Security
OES is committed to the safety and security of students, faculty, staff, and visitors on our campus. To support that commitment, the following describes the major safety protocols in place at the school:
- OES maintains an Emergency Operations Plan modeled on the National Incident Management System (NIMS). The purpose of the Emergency Operations Plan is to identify and respond to incidents by outlining the responsibilities and duties of OES and its employees, students, and families.
- An Emergency Procedures Guide is available in every office and classroom, and serves to guide employees in their response to a wide range of emergencies. Employees are trained to assess the seriousness of incidents and respond within established procedures and guidelines.
- We typically, hold monthly campus drills, including fire, earthquake, and lockout/lockdown.
- Lockout. A lockout is indicated when there is a relatively low threat in the vicinity of the school. In these instances, we are not expecting a problem on campus, but out of caution we secure building perimeters (lock outside doors) and get everyone inside. Under lockout conditions moving between buildings is not allowed until permission is given to do so; otherwise, business and activities proceed as normal.
- Lockdown. A lockdown is indicated when there is a clear threat on our campus, either outside or within a building. In this situation, we lock both exterior and interior doors, close blinds, darken rooms, and suspend all normal activities. Everyone finds shelter out of sight, phones and computers are silenced, and it is critical to avoid making any noise.
- School administrators meet regularly to create, practice, and evaluate simulated emergency situations.
- Most employees have first aid certification and receive CPR training.
- An administrator is on 24-hour call at all times during the school year.
- The OES Safety Coordinator monitors health and safety issues throughout the school, making recommendations, as appropriate, to the Head of School and the Administrative Team.
- First aid kits and Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are kept in convenient locations throughout the campus, and OES supplies first aid kits for all off-campus trips.
Phone numbers for school offices can be found on the Contact Us page. The number for the main school switchboard is 503-246-7771. If you have an emergency need to contact a school administrator after hours, please call the School’s answering service at 503-499-5880.
- All-School Handbook
- FACTS Tuition Payment Tutorial
- 2019-20 Academic Calendar
- Aardvark Newsletter
- Honeywell Instant Alert Signup
- Lower School Home
- Express Newsletter
- To report an attendance or after school plan change: Student Absence and Plan Change
- Middle School Home
- Messenger Newsletter
- To report an attendance matter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2019-20 Book Lists
- Upper School Home
- Voice Newsletter
- To report an attendance matter: email@example.com or 503-768-3169
- Curriculum Guide
- 2019-20 Book Lists
- US Daily Rotating Schedule