Parenting Resource Recommended Books
Book recommendations have come from Faculty, Counselors, other educational institutions and from Parents.
Parent Partnership Team
- The Art of Gathering - Priya Parker
- Design for Belonging - Stanford d. School
Greatest hits for child development learning and parenting resources
- The Gardner and the Carpenter - Alison Gopnik
- Mindset - Carol S. Dweck Ph.D.
- The Blessing of a Skinned Knee - Wendy Mogel
- So You Want to Talk about Race - Ijeoma Oluo
- The Gift of Failure - Jessica Lahey
- Teach Your Children Well - Madeline Levine Ph.D.
- Quiet - Susan Cain
- How to Raise an Adult - Julie Lythcott-Haims
- The Childhood Roots of Adult Happiness - Edward M. Hallowell
- What Do You Say? - William Stixrud, PhD & Ned Johnson
- Why are All The Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? - Beverly Daniel Tatum
- Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well - Douglas Stone and Sheila Heen
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind - Dan Siegel, MD & Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D
- Building Resilience in Children and Teens: Giving Kids Roots and Wings - Kenneth Ginsberg, MD with Martha Jablow
- Permission to Feel: Unlocking the Power of Emotions to Help Our Kids, Ourselves, and Our Society Thrive - Marc Brackett, Ph.D
- The Dyslexia Empowerment Plan - Ben Foss
- Raising a Sensory Smart Child - Lindsey Biel and Nancy Peske
- Smart but Scattered - Peg Dawson and Richard Guare
- Getting to Calm : Cool-headed strategies for parenting tweens and teens - Laura Kastner Ph.D. + Jennifer Wyatt Ph.D.
- The Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist's Survival Guide to Raising Adolescents and Young Adults - Frances E Jensen M.D.
- Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain - Daniel Siegel M.D.
- Fourteen Talks by Age Fourteen - Michelle Icard
- Under Pressure: Confronting the Epidemic of Stress and Anxiety in Girls - Lisa Damour Ph.D.
- Untangled - Lisa Damour, Ph.D.
- That Crumpled Paper Was Due Last Week: Helping Disorganized and Distracted Boys Succeed in School and Life - Anna Homayoun
- Girls and Sex - Peggy Orenstein
- Boys and Sex - Peggy Orenstein
- Ready Or Not: Preparing Our Kids to Thrive in an Uncertain and Rapidly Changing World - Madeline Levine Ph.D.
- Excellent Sheep: The Miseducation of the American Elite and the Way to a Meaningful Life - William Deresiewicz
- Where You Go is Not Who You’ll be - Frank Bruni
- Your Turn - Julie Lythcott-Haims
- Limitless Mind: Learn, Lead, and Live Without Barriers - Jo Boaler