FAQs & Resources for Parents
Given the fluidity of the situation, the following answers are subject to change as circumstances evolve. This page’s primary goal is to provide a sense of our responses to a range of challenges in a variety of areas, guided by both our standard practices and those being recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Oregon and Oregon Health Authority, the National Association of Independent Schools, peer schools, and other relevant organizations.
- When will OES resume in-person learning?
- Will students be required to attend Summer School?
- What options exist for families who have been, or will be, financially impacted by the pandemic?
- Will my child receive full academic credit for their remote learning classwork?
- Are you taking attendance?
- How can my student meet with their teacher? Advisor? Counselor? Chaplain?
- Can my child meet with their teacher one-on-one for extra support?
- Are students still expected to abide by the OES Honor Code?
- I signed my child up for summer camp. Are the camps still running?
- Is it OK to use the track, playground, and outdoor basketball courts?
- May I record and share my remote lessons with family and friends?
- What will happen on this year's Mt. Hood Climb Service Day (May 13, 2020)?