Alumni Class Ambassador Job Description
Class Ambassadors are critical to building and maintaining the sense of community among the alumni. They help advance the mission of the school and continue the connection between their class and the school. Specifically, they are asked to:
Be An Ambassador
- Be part of a class leadership team that to support the mission of the school.
- Recruit classmates to assist in the various tasks and projects created by the class or the school.
- Brainstorm to help create new ways of engagement.
- Attend 1 to 2 virtual meetings yearly for an update on the school and to take part in engagement sessions.
- Join OES Connect and, if able, serve as a mentor to current Upper School students and young alumni on the platform.
Reunions, Regional And Campus Events
- Promote your class reunions and encourage attendance.
- The alumni office hosts regional events in various cities; we rely on class ambassadors to help with finding venues and to promote the event to other Aardvarks in their area.
- Spread the word to classmates about school and alumni events along with volunteer opportunities, including Career Day, Aardvark Open Golf Tournament, Aardvark Science Expo, and Mt. Hood Climb Service Day.
- Help gather and maintain your class’s current contact information.
- Stay informed about Oregon Episcopal School via the school’s website and/or contact the alumni office.
- Inform classmates and the alumni office of important events in the lives of class members.
- With the help of our Class Ambassadors, our first-ever Alumni Day of Giving was overwhelmingly successful in 2021! Prior to future Alumni Give Days, Class Ambassadors will receive emails and social media tools to help the share the importance of this annual event with classmates.
We also rely on our class ambassadors to give us feedback on new alumni engagement
initiatives. Class Ambassadors are so valuable to the success of our alumni program. Thank