OES requires the SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test) for all students applying to grades 6–12 . If the SSAT is not offered in your area, we will accept the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam). Students applying to grades 11–12 may submit PSAT scores.
OES is one of two schools in Oregon that administers the SSAT. Students may take the SSAT at any official SSAT location worldwide and have their scores sent to the school(s) they designate.
Student registration begins August 1, 2019.
When registering, please be sure to designate OES as a score recipient. The OES School Code is 5572.
To be considered for OES admission, you should take the test no later than February 8, 2020. Applicant files with testing completed after that date will be considered on a space-available basis.
2019-2020 SSAT Test Dates
All tests are offered at both OES (5572) and Catlin Gabel unless otherwise noted.
October 19, 2019 (Catlin Gabel only)
Regular registration deadline Sept 28
November 16, 2019
Regular registration deadline Oct 26
December 14, 2019
Regular registration deadline Nov 23
January 4, 2020
Regular registration deadline Dec 14
January 25, 2020 (Flex Test - OES only)
Registration deadline Jan 11
February 1, 2020 (Flex Test - Catlin Gabel only)
Registration deadline Jan 18
February 8, 2020
Regular registration deadline Jan 18
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it matter where I take the test?
- Does it matter when I take the test?
- How do I obtain an admission ticket?
- Is there a deadline for registration?
- How can I study and prepare for the SSAT?
- Do all applicants for grades 6–12 take the same test?
- What are the hours of the test?
- Do I need to bring anything to the test?
- How will I learn my scores?
- How will my scores be reported to the schools?
- What is the SSAT - Character Skills Snapshot (CSS) and is it required for admission to OES?
- What if I cannot test on any of the listed test dates?