At OES we review applications using a holistic approach that considers each component of the application as a particular data point in our decision making process. The admissions committee hopes to learn about your child as a whole person and as a learner.
The SSAT is required for applicants to grade 6-12 for the 2023-2024 admissions season. The SSAT is written and reviewed by independent school educators and designed to measure the basic verbal, quantitative, and reading skills developed over time. The SSAT is an objective data driven tool that we use to help us get to know a bit more about our applicants.
Testing Options: US/Canada
Paper-Based SSAT is in-person testing administered at OES or another paper-based test center. Learn More
Computer-Based SSAT at home offers weekday and weekend testing options. Learn More
Computer-Based SSAT at Prometric Test Center may be taken two times per testing season. Learn More
Outside of the US/Canada
Paper-Based SSAT is administered by test centers or educational consultants. Learn More
Computer-Based SSAT at Prometric Test Center is available in most international locations. Learn More
Note: If the SSAT is not offered in your area, we will accept the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam).
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it matter when I take the test?
- What is the cost to take the SSAT?
- How can I study and prepare for the SSAT?
- Do all applicants for grades 6–12 take the same test?
- How will I learn my scores?
- How will my scores be reported to schools?
- What is the SSAT - Character Skills Snapshot (CSS) and is it required for admission to OES?
- Is there any information on testing accommodations ?