International Boarding Application Checklist for Fall 2024
To read a translation of this letter in several languages, please look for the widget on the bottom right of the page. If there is a language you would like us to add, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grades 9 to 12
Explore our website and engage in the following opportunities to discover all that OES has to offer: Sign up for events in the Admissions Portal oes.edu/apply.
- Learn about our boarding program at oes.edu/boarding
- Open House Sunday, November 5 at 1 p.m.
- Schedule a Virtual or In-Person Tour October through February
- Attend a Fair: Scheduled travel and virtual fairs are listed at oes.edu/admissions-travel
Upper School Application Deadline: February 6
Applications may be submitted through the Admissions Portal or through SAO.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee of $100.
From Your Family
- If you are applying through SAO, submit: Parent/Guardian Statement; Student Essays
- If you are applying through the OES Admissions Portal, submit: Parent/Guardian Questionnaire; Hand-Written Student Questionnaire
- Student Interview
- Schedule interviews in the Admissions Portal.
Admissions Tests- Scores must be from tests taken after August 1, 2023.
- Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) Register at oes.edu/ssat and enter OES school code 5572. Sign up early to secure a test date that will meet our application deadline. OES requires the SSAT or an alternative assessment for applicants to the Upper School. Students who do not have access to the SSAT should reach out to the Admissions Office email@example.com as soon as possible to request an alternative.
- TOEFL or Duolingo: Required if English is not your primary spoken language. Register at ets.org/toefl. OES school code is 9615. Sign up early to secure a test date before February 3, the last test date to meet our application deadline.
Request From Your School
- Math and English Teacher Recommendations
- Families can access the OES teacher recommendation request form after November 1. Teachers must submit the form by January 31.
- Transcripts for 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23 must be received directly from the student’s current/previous school(s) by February 9.
Flexible Tuition Application Deadline: February 3, 2023. Learn more about this separate application process.
Enrollment Decisions Emailed: March 8