OES provides exceptional opportunities to deepen cultural understanding and build global friendships. Our Residential Life Program welcomes students from around the United States and from all over the world. In recent years, our international students have come from Afghanistan, Canada, Chad, China, Ethiopia, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Nigeria, Singapore, Spain, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. Our international students bring a rich experience of culture to our school.
Applicants who meet one of the following criteria should apply as an International applicant:
- The student will require an I-20 to study at OES.
- The student’s primary residence is outside of the United States.
Children of US citizens employed outside of the USA are not considered international applicants.
- Do you enroll students mid-year (i.e. spring semester)?
- Does OES issue I-20’s for students to apply for a visa?
- Does OES provide English Language Support?
- How do I schedule an interview?
- I am coming to Portland, how do I schedule a campus visit?
- Can international students apply as day students?
- Will you accept the TOEFL, Jr?
- Do you accept international students in lower grades?
Students will be offered a SKYPE interview upon receipt of the Applicant Profile and application fee. If you are planning to visit our campus, please sign up for a tour in the Admissions Portal. In-person interviews will be scheduled to coincide with the campus tour, when applicable.
Currently, our language support and residence program for international students is available in grades 9-12 only. We do not allow homestays for younger students. Younger international students, who are proficient in English and are moving to Portland with their parents, are encouraged to explore our school.
See our Boarding Viewbook!
OES AVERAGE ENROLLMENT:
870, including 60 boarding students
OUR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ARE FROM: