Experience an OESian* Day!
We want you to experience OES for yourself. We think one of the best ways for a prospective student to learn what it is like to be a student at OES is to visit on a regular school day.
Students interested in applying to grades 9–12 are invited to schedule a full school-day visit (8:50 a.m - 3:15 p.m.) before or after submitting an application.
Visitors will be hosted by OES students in the grade to which they are applying. We do our best to customize the shadow visit by pairing students with hosts who share common interests.
Sign up in the Admissions Portal or contact Molly Mulkey, email@example.com, 503-768-3115.
Once your Applicant Profile is submitted, sign up for a full school-day visit (7:50 a.m. - 3:05 p.m.) in the Admissions Portal.
Applicants visit the Middle School in small groups in January and February. Each applicant is hosted by a student in the grade to which they are applying.
- Pre-K: Friday, February 7, 2020
- Kindergarten/Primary/Grade 1: Thursday, February 6, 2020
- Grades 2–5: Visits are a full school-day (8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.) in December, January, or February. All visits must be completed by February 14, but the earlier the better!
- Do I need to bring a lunch or money to buy lunch? No, lunch is our treat! At OES, lunchtime is one of many valuable opportunities for our students to gather as a community. A meal plan is included in tuition, so all students have access to amazing choices offered by Bon Appetit. Preview the lunch menu.
- Can I bring a cell phone? Visitors to the Middle and Upper School may carry a cell phone, but should not be on their phone during any class time or Gathering. We ask that visitors leave other electronic devices (iPad, Kindle, headphones, laptops, etc.) at home. We want visitors to fully experience the classes without distraction.
- Is there a form I need to complete for my visit? Parents must complete this online Emergency Form for Student Visits. We need to have this information on file in case of an emergency on the day of the student visit.