8th Grade Inquiry Project
Starting in the 2017-18 school year, Project X is an exciting inquiry program rooted in the 8th grade that emphasizes growth mindset, process over product, and authentic student driven learning. Each student in 8th grade will engage in a year-long inquiry exploration of any topic they choose across disciplines. Students are gathered into cohorts according to common interests, although they pursue individual passions, and coached by a MS faculty member throughout the year.
There are four phases of the year-long project:
- Explore Inspiration
- Connect Ideas
- Create Meaning
- Commit Beyond Yourself
As a student, you will:
- Choose and dive deep into ANY discipline - art, science, literature, history, economics, math, language, THE LIST GOES ON!
- Discover what you’re passionate about! Ask your own questions and go through your own process
- Collaborate with a cohort of students that share your interests
- Work with a cohort-coach to set goals and map a plan to reach these goals
- Apply for leadership roles during the project
- Decide how you want to share your work with the community
- Have real agency and independence in your learning
By the end of the school year, students take action by developing a service learning project linked to their research and produce an artifact of their learning that they believe best represents their understanding.
Explore our Project X Official Blog