Be sure to get your children's physicals and immunizations for the coming school year. See details here.
Steps on how to submit a plan change in the Veracross Parent Portal
A Message from the Division Head
by David Lowell
We bring the Lower School year to a close next week. Monday is Intermediate Years Field Day. Tuesday is Beginning Years Field Day. Wednesday is the last day of Lower School. Thursday is the 5th Grade Promotion ceremony. Friday, Lower School parent teacher conferences begin. See the notes below for details of each event.
Intermediate Years (2nd -5th grades) Field Day, Monday, June 14: All Intermediate Years classes will participate in Field Day on Monday, June 14. Lower School Parent Partnership will have the ice cream truck ready to serve students after their Field Day fun. Field Day is a uniform optional day. If the weather is good there will be some water play. Be sure your child brings a change of clothes on Field Day in case they get wet.
- Monday, June 14
- 9:00 - 10:30: 4th and 5th
- Ice Cream Truck - 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM on Monday, 06-14-21
- 11:30 - 1:00: 2nd, 3rd
- Ice Cream Truck - 1:00 - 1:45 PM on Monday, 06-14-21
Beginning Years (PreK - 1st grades) Field Day, Tuesday, June 15: All Beginning Years classes will participate in Field Day on Tuesday, June 15. Lower School Parent Partnership will have the ice cream truck ready to serve students after their Field Day fun. Field Day is a uniform optional day. If the weather is good there will be some water play. Be sure your child brings a change of clothes on Field Day in case they get wet.
- Tuesday, June 15
- 9:00 - 10:30: Am PreK, K, 1st
- Ice Cream Truck - 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM on Tuesday, 06-15-21
- 11:30-1:00: PM PreK, Primary
- Ice Cream Truck - 1:00 - 1:45 PM on Tuesday, 06-15-21
Last Day of PM PreK is Tuesday, June 15: Due to our early dismissal on Wednesday the last day of prekindergarten for the afternoon cohort will be Tuesday, June 15.
Last Day of Lower School is Wednesday, June 16: We will end the school year with the opportunity for students at each grade level to be promoted to their next grade level. This promotion will take place outside on the turf field. The 5th graders will send Lower School out into the summer by ringing the bell bringing to a close our 151st year.
- Pick-up for Lower School PreK - 4th grade students is at 11:00 am
- Pick-up for 5th graders is at 11:15, so they have time to ring the bell
- K-2nd will be picked up on Loop Road
- 3rd-5th will be picked up in front of Lower School
- All Lower School children need to be picked up as there will not be after school care
- There is no bus service for Lower School children at 11:00 am
5th Grade Promotion, Thursday, June 17: As long as the weather cooperates we will start at 8:00 am on Thursday, June 17 on the OES turf field.
- If it's rainy early on June 17 but looks like it will clear up shortly, we might call a short rain-delay and hold the event on June 17, but shift the start by 30 minutes or so.
- If it's really rainy on June 17, we will postpone 5th grade Promotion to Friday, June18 at 8:00 am.
- If both days are rainy, we will not hold in-person promotion and will mail promotion certificates to students.
Classroom End of Year Parties: Some classrooms have already celebrated. Others will celebrate next week. We ask that all party planners follow these guidelines:
- Be aware of food allergies of any students in the classroom and select foods accordingly, whether homemade or store bought
- Food must not contain the following allergens: peanuts, tree nuts (ie. pistachio, cashew, walnut, hazelnut), poppyseeds, shellfish, legumes (ie. lentils, chickpeas), peas, red plums, hibiscus, popsicles (Zylitol), sesame seeds or oil
- Anyone preparing food at home should
- Clean and sanitize the counter surface before preparing food
- Wear a mask and clean disposable gloves while preparing and handling food
- Put the food into clean containers
- Individually wrapped food items, wether store bought or homemade are appreciated
Parent Teacher Conferences are Friday, June 18 and Tuesday, June 22: Conferences will take place on Friday, June 18th from 1:00 - 5:00 pm and on Tuesday, June 22nd from 7:30 - 5:00. Sign-ups close at the end of the day on Tuesday, June 8. Please contact your child’s teacher if you need to schedule a conference on a different date.
Lost and Found and Returned: Miki MacArthur and Steven Neiman, lost and found parent volunteers, have sorted a mound of lost and found clothing. This week they delivered bags of labeled, found clothing items, individually wrapped in a Ziploc to the classrooms. Please check your child’s backpack to be reunited with long lost labeled items.