OES contracts with an emergency announcement calling service that will notify families of school delays and closures. In order to receive these announcements, you must register with Honeywell Instant Alert.
Private guitar lessons now available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays after school!
PAJAMAS, JOGGERS, Basketball and Ski Merchandise NOW IN!
We are kicking off the Wall of Wine donations for the OES Auction, and we need your help.
For 4th and 5th graders - the Geography Bee is coming!
If you have a child ready to join the OES community in Fall 2019, apply early for reduced fee.
OES has changed the name of Financial Aid to Flexible Tuition. Applications now available, due February 4.
The Used Uniform Closet is up and running- stop in and shop!
Please wait with your student until the doors open.
For the safety of our students, OES is no longer printing an All School Directory. Everything you need is now available online in the password-protected Parent Portal.
A Message from the Division Head
by David Lowell
I hope you all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving break with time for sharing meals, being with family or simply enjoying a different pace to the days. Into the four weeks of school between Thanksgiving and Winter Break we go. During this time the faculty will be working to sustain student focus on learning, while also providing opportunities to celebrate the season and participate in special events. Please help support our efforts by continuing the school routines at home; bringing your child to school on time, monitoring homework and keeping a regular bedtime.
Next week we begin a series of special chapels and services in recognition of the season of light.
• Friday, December 7th, the Lower School will gather in the OES Chapel for our annual Giving Chapel. Remind your children to bring in their Giving Bags on Friday.
• Monday, December 10, we will hold our annual Hannukah Chapel at 8:10. Look forward to Lower School children sharing the Hannukah story and family traditions
• Wednesday, December 12, community members across the divisions will gather in the OES Chapel for our annual Advent Service of Lessons & Carols from 6:30pm - 7:30pm.
• Friday, December 21, we will head out into Winter Break with the most raucous of chapels, St. Nick’s Chapel from 1:30 – 2:30.
As always, all are welcome to join us for our weekly Chapel gathering.
LS Friendly Reminders
• Gift Giving - The season of giving is upon us. Please review the OES Gift Policy on page 22 of the All School Handbook.
• Be Prepared - We have had wind, rain and cold. Please be sure your child comes to school dressed for the weather.
• Emergency Notification – Who knows when the first forecast of snow will happen. Be sure to register yourself in the Honeywell Instant Alert program so you receive emergency and closure announcements from OES.
Instant Alert Sign-in Page
• Student Check-In and Out - Check your child in at the Lower School Office if you arrive at school after 8:00. Check your child out and then back in at the Lower School Office when you have mid-day appointments.