Kindergarteners judged Rube Goldberg machines in an Upper School engineering class.
Lower School Home
Our Lower School, pre-kindergarten through fifth grade, gets students off to a strong start towards being successful in school, in college, and later as global leaders and thinkers by featuring:
- Strong academic foundation in core subjects
- A safe, nurturing community
- Small classes that allow close individual attention
- A child-centered environment which fosters an enthusiasm for learning
- A flexible, inquiry-based curriculum
- Significant hands-on project work
- Art, music, Spanish, science, library, technology, and physical education taught by specialists
Students learn about how to understand and be understood through good communication.
Lower School readers got a thank you on social media from a local bookstore.
The Rev. Michael Spencer is officially installed as Head of School in a joyful celebration.
OES students learn new skills and have fun during after-school activities.