Just before spring break and remote learning, OES faculty delivered a donation of food and funds raised from Humble Lunch and the Empty Bowls project to Neighborhood House.
Lower School Home
Our Lower School, pre-kindergarten through fifth grade, gets students off to a strong start towards being successful in school, in college, and later as global leaders and thinkers by featuring:
- Strong academic foundation in core subjects
- A safe, nurturing community
- Small classes that allow close individual attention
- A child-centered environment which fosters an enthusiasm for learning
- A flexible, inquiry-based curriculum
- Significant hands-on project work
- Art, music, Spanish, science, library, technology, and physical education taught by specialists
Lower School Counselor Vickie Soli-Compton will begin counseling sessions and check-ins with Lower Schoolers and their families next week.
Weeks of preparation became reality this week as our Aardvarks switched on their iPads and laptops at home to begin remote learning.
What happens when your primary space for P.E. classes is no longer available? You take it outside! That's what Lower School P.E. teachers engineered this week under mostly sunny skies.
How can we make the world more welcoming? How can each one of us be welcoming? These are the questions kindergarten students asked themselves this week to prep for an art class project called “Welcoming Worlds.”