This week, all of the Lower School is participating in Giving Chapel, one of their most-anticipated annual events.
Lower School Home
Our Lower School, pre-kindergarten through fifth grade, gets students off to a strong start towards being successful in school, in college, and later as global leaders and thinkers by featuring:
- Strong academic foundation in core subjects
- A safe, nurturing community
- Small classes that allow close individual attention
- A child-centered environment which fosters an enthusiasm for learning
- A flexible, inquiry-based curriculum
- Significant hands-on project work
- Art, music, Spanish, science, library, technology, and physical education taught by specialists
The Lower School Beginning Years (Pre-K, Primary, and Kindergarten) students have been engaged in a shared investigation of social problem-solving.
This week the third graders continued their journey of learning by visiting the Children's Book Bank in Northeast Portland.
To wrap up a month of field research learning, the second-grade classes took their last fall field trip to the Smith and Bybee Wetlands Natural Area last week.
Halloween week was festive and busy on campus, with everyone getting into the spooky spirit.