Third through fifth-grade library classes recently enjoyed virtual visits from award-winning author Kelly Yang, who spoke about her book Front Desk, and encouraged students to find their own voices.
Lower School Home
Our Lower School, pre-kindergarten through fifth grade, gets students off to a strong start towards being successful in school, in college, and later as global leaders and thinkers by featuring:
- Strong academic foundation in core subjects
- A safe, nurturing community
- Small classes that allow close individual attention
- A child-centered environment which fosters an enthusiasm for learning
- A flexible, inquiry-based curriculum
- Significant hands-on project work
- Art, music, Spanish, science, library, technology, and physical education taught by specialists
Online learning isn’t just for OES students! Our teachers took time this week to learn more about the app Book Creator, hoping to make the experience more engaging for students.
Instead of bringing pets and stuffed animals to the Chapel for their traditional blessing, Lower School students, faculty, and staff shared photos of a favorite pet or stuffed animal to be blessed at the first virtual "Blessing of the Animals and Stuffies."
OES Reads, a new program in the Lower School Library that’s been in the works for some time, began this week with the goal of sparking conversations among our community through a shared love of reading.
Pre-K students have been adventuring in the wetlands over the last week, discovering different creatures, exploring nature, and for many, canoeing for the very first time.