The students of fifth-grade teacher Tina Akehurst just went through the amazing journey of creating their own play from scratch.
Lower School Home
Our Lower School, pre-kindergarten through fifth grade, gets students off to a strong start towards being successful in school, in college, and later as global leaders and thinkers by featuring:
- Strong academic foundation in core subjects
- A safe, nurturing community
- Small classes that allow close individual attention
- A child-centered environment which fosters an enthusiasm for learning
- A flexible, inquiry-based curriculum
- Significant hands-on project work
- Art, music, Spanish, science, library, technology, and physical education taught by specialists
Last week the fourth-grade classes took an educational overnight trip to Mazama Lodge in Government Camp.
As a wrap-up to all the fun and hard work by the second-grade Lower School classes this fall, parents and special friends were invited to classroom learning celebrations this week.
This week, all of the Lower School is participating in Giving Chapel, one of their most-anticipated annual events.
The Lower School Beginning Years (Pre-K, Primary, and Kindergarten) students have been engaged in a shared investigation of social problem-solving.