"This class embodies a wonderful combination of qualities," Head of Lower School David Lowell says. "Curiosity, joy, and the ability to know when there's important work to do."
Lower School Home
Our Lower School, pre-kindergarten through fifth grade, gets students off to a strong start towards being successful in school, in college, and later as global leaders and thinkers by featuring:
- Strong academic foundation in core subjects
- A safe, nurturing community
- Small classes that allow close individual attention
- A child-centered environment which fosters an enthusiasm for learning
- A flexible, inquiry-based curriculum
- Significant hands-on project work
- Art, music, Spanish, science, library, technology, and physical education taught by specialists
A new end-of-school-year event popped up this week: D&D Celebration Day. Over 50 students, parents, faculty, and staff showed up to this cross-divisional celebration.
Claire Kucera's first-grade class capped off an in-depth exploration of animals, climate change, and the effect they can have on the future of our world this week.
OES is lucky to have multiple opportunities–every day–to witness students of all ages learning together, interacting, and making connections. But no day is more special than the annual OES Lifer Lunch.
Two fifth-grade art events wrapped up this week after successful runs in the Lower School and main lobby of the Upper School—both with inspirational stories.