“The fifth-grade class has a lot of personality, full of spunky, outspoken, and caring individuals,” said Assistant Head of Lower School Chris Thompson.
Lower School Home
Our Lower School, pre-kindergarten through fifth grade, gets students off to a strong start towards being successful in school, in college, and later as global leaders and thinkers by featuring:
- Strong academic foundation in core subjects
- A safe, nurturing community
- Small classes that allow close individual attention
- A child-centered environment which fosters an enthusiasm for learning
- A flexible, inquiry-based curriculum
- Significant hands-on project work
- Art, music, Spanish, science, library, technology, and physical education taught by specialists
Fourth-graders spent part of their week presenting a nearly year-long project to their peers, teachers, and families, all with the goal of answering important questions about the planet for the annual International Fair.
Lower School P.E. has provided our youngest Aardvarks the chance to get outside, burn off some energy, and have a great time doing it.
The OES community connected virtually on Wednesday's Mt. Hood Climb Service Day for reflection and gratitude. Though the coronavirus pandemic meant the OES community was unable to physically gather at the Belltower, as has been the tradition for many years, hundreds of OES students, parents, staff, and faculty tuned in to a live broadcast of the ceremony.
This week, groups of sixth-graders met with some of their fifth-grade friends to debunk myths about middle school—and had a good time doing so!