"I think of your class as a wonder," remarked OES Head of Lower School David Lowell when addressing the Class of 2025 at their Fifth Grade Promotion Ceremony. "And I wonder what you will do, here at OES and beyond."
Lower School Home
Our Lower School, pre-kindergarten through fifth grade, gets students off to a strong start towards being successful in school, in college, and later as global leaders and thinkers by featuring:
- Strong academic foundation in core subjects
- A safe, nurturing community
- Small classes that allow close individual attention
- A child-centered environment which fosters an enthusiasm for learning
- A flexible, inquiry-based curriculum
- Significant hands-on project work
- Art, music, Spanish, science, library, technology, and physical education taught by specialists
After Wednesday morning, Mrs. Johnson Mounsey and Ms. Lee's third graders can now consider themselves marathoners!
Ever been treated to a surprise theater production? Thanks to a group of Upper School acting students this week, Ms. Endicott's kindergartners have!
At OES, we see cross-Divisional connections happen every day. Yet there's nothing quite like the annual Lifer Lunch!
Yesterday evening two different events involving the same principles of inquiry and exploration made campus come alive: the Spring Extension Showcase and the Project X Celebration.