Lower Schoolers continued an exploration of their identities this week, creating art inspired by The Hexagon Project. Students created video games, flags, animals, maps—and more—to express themselves.
Lower School Home
Our Lower School, pre-kindergarten through fifth grade, gets students off to a strong start towards being successful in school, in college, and later as global leaders and thinkers by featuring:
- Strong academic foundation in core subjects
- A safe, nurturing community
- Small classes that allow close individual attention
- A child-centered environment which fosters an enthusiasm for learning
- A flexible, inquiry-based curriculum
- Significant hands-on project work
- Art, music, Spanish, science, library, technology, and physical education taught by specialists
The Lower School defined vibrancy this week as students not only returned from spring break, but Intermediate Years students made their return to regular, all-week, on-campus school.
New York Times bestselling author, educator, and activist Renée Watson inspired OES's young writers, readers, and artists in the Lower School this week.
On behalf of the All School Parent Partnership Team, please explore the Volunteer Interest Form which details the volunteer leadership positions for our parent community during the 2021-22 academic year.
Kindergartners were together in the Lower School art studio this week for the first time in a year, working on a two-part exploration of their faces and capturing what they notice artistically.