Shaped the future of the school through far-sighted philanthropy.
When you establish a new endowed fund, you join a group of visionaries dedicated to the future of OES and become a member of the Bell Society, which honors and recognizes individuals who have either established an endowment during their lifetime and/or provided for OES through their estate plans.
Endowment revenue helps OES provide need-based financial aid, enrichment programs benefiting all students, professional development for teachers, and faculty salaries.
- With a gift of $50,000, you can establish a named endowment during your lifetime or through your will. Learn more about establishing a bequest, annuity or charitable trust.
- You may also contribute any amount to an existing fund. Your contribution is welcome and your gift increases the impact of existing endowments.
General Financial Aid:
- Betty Lou Roberts '36 Fund
- David Sellers '78 Memorial Fund
- Helen Curtis Hyde '29 Fund
- Jake Stults Memorial Fund
- Jane Hiller '17 Fund
- John C. Bechen Memorial Fund
- Katherine Graham Barbey '13 Fund
- Kris Van Hatcher '70 Fund
- Lenore Lavanture Klink '35 Fund
- Lyon Family Fund
- Spencer R. Collins Fund
- Rebecca & Wm. Roberts III Family Fund
Restricted Financial Aid:
- Samuel S. Johnson Foundation Fund (Boarding)
- St. Helen's Hall Fund (Upper School)
- Fritz Hayes Memorial Fund (Upper School)
- Elizabeth Reeves '32, JC '35 & Margaret Reeves Yick '30, JC '35 Fund (Female)
- Gertrude Houk Fariss & Chris Fariss (Female)
- Jack S. Howard Fund (Female)
- Edward E. Ford Fund (Diversity)
- Matt Lyon Memorial Fund (Diversity)
- Paul Gerhardt Jr. '74 (Diversity)
- Edith Landry Fund (Lower School, 3rd grade)
A selection of Funds.
Dr. William G. Lamb Science Endowment
An endowment was established by parents of an OES graduate to honor the lifetime work and contributions of Dr. William G. Lamb and to catalyze the school's research-based approach to education. The endowment will provide funds to engage millennial students and beyond in science research and innovation, allowing the school to continue to build the strategies and tactics that bring our science research education and curriculum in general to the next level. You can add to this endowment by making your gift online or by contacting the Development office. Your gift honors Dr. Lamb's legacy, ensuring that the intellectual curiosity of future students will be met by a rewarding journey of inquiry, research, and competition in science and engineering.
Kris Van Hatcher '70 Endowment
An endowment was established by alumni, parents, and friends to honor the lifetime work and contributions of Kris Van Hatcher '70 upon his retirement from OES as Athletic Director. The endowment will provide unrestricted financial aid funds to support generations of students to come. You can add to this endowment by making your gift online or by contacting the Development office. Your gift honors Hatch's legacy.