School Bus Service
Each year, the OES school bus provides a ride to 30% of OES students. This fee-based service offers a safe, dependable and cost-effective option for families in the Portland metro area. Bus routes are established each year based upon requests received. Costs are updated annually. Established bus routes exist in the following areas:
- Lake Oswego
- NW Portland
- NE Portland
- SE Portland
- Sunset Corridor
- Portland Heights
- School buses are 9 times safer than private cars—national statistics show that school buses are the safest vehicles on our roads and highways.
- Outstanding drivers—because safety is the top priority of the OES transportation team, our drivers are screened, well-trained, licensed, and, most important, caring.
- OES vehicles are maintained to strict State of Oregon standards.
- On-time pick-up and delivery—every school day, OES buses arrive on schedule to deliver students to class on time, and provide the same reliable service home after school.
- Compare the cost—think you can’t afford the bus? It may be less expensive than you think. Check out the cost comparison between bus service and private car use below.
- Board at a group stop and receive a discounted fare.
- Have two or more of your children ride and receive an additional 10% family discount on all fares.
|Distance to oes||round trip from central group stop, annual cost (45% discount)||estimated cost for private car (@ $.535/mile, irs rate)|