OES has been enriched by enrolling international students in the Upper School for over 50 years. In recent years, our international students have come from Afghanistan, Brazil, Canada, Chad, China, Hong Kong, Kenya, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. These students bring a rich experience of culture to our school.
Applicants who meet one of the following criteria should apply as an International applicant:
- The student will require an I-20 to study at OES.
- The student’s primary residence is outside of the United States.
Children of US citizens employed outside of the USA are not considered international applicants.
- Do you enroll students mid-year (i.e. spring semester)?
- Does OES issue I-20’s for students to apply for a visa?
- Does OES provide English Language Support?
- How do I schedule an interview?
- I am coming to Portland, how do I schedule a campus visit?
- Can international students apply as day students?
- Will you accept the TOEFL, Jr?
- Do you accept international students in lower grades?
We will schedule a SKYPE interview with you once we receive your initial application and application fee. Applicants who reside and attend school in China are asked to interview with Vericant prior to February 1. After viewing your Vericant interview, we may request a second interview via SKYPE.
Currently, our language support and residence program for international students is available in grades 9-12 only. We do not allow homestays for younger students. Younger international students, who are proficient in English and are moving to Portland with their parents, are encouraged to explore our school.
2016-2017 Quick Facts
Boarding: 56 students
Day: 258 students
47 international students