OES is committed to embracing diversity of all kinds. We seek students who will thrive in a challenging academic environment regardless of a family's ability to pay tuition. OES awarded more than $2.9 million in need-based financial aid to over 20% of our day and boarding students for the 2017-18 school year. Financial Aid awards are grants and, therefore, do not need to be re-paid.Although the School's resources do not allow us to meet all requests each year, no family should hesitate to apply because of limited financial resources.
Tuition for 2017-2018Our tuition covers all basic educational expenses including:
- Lunch and snacks prepared by Bon Appetit Management Company
- Technology - OES has a 1:1 device program in most grades; the school issues a laptop to each student in grades 6-9 for use during the school year.
- Most experiential education and school field trips (excludes Winterim)
- Most sports participation fees (Grades 6-12)
- School supplies for Pre-K through Grade 5
Option 1: 5 short days, 7:55 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Option 2: 3 short days, 2 full days
Option 3: 5 full days, 7:55 a.m. - 2:55 p.m.
|Kindergarten and Primary||$26,600|
|Grades 9-12 Day Student||$32,200|
|Grades 9-12 Boarding Student||$60,900|
Financial aid may be available for non-tuition expenses for families who qualify.
- Textbooks (Grades 6-12 only)
- Middle School - estimated $100-200/year
- Upper School – estimated $300-500/year
- Extension (Grades Pre-K to 8) – available to 6 p.m.
- After School Classes
- School Bus Service– rates based upon routes
- Laptop purchase (Grades 10-12 only) - each student is required to provide his or her own laptop
- Winterim (Grades 9-12 only) – local, no fee options are available
The Enrollment Deposit is 10% of next year’s tuition balance. For current students, deposits are due on February 7, 2017. For new students, deposits are due with the Enrollment Contract. The following payment plan options are available.
Plan A: Full Payment
100% of the remaining tuition and fees paid on or before June 1.
Plan B: Partial Payment
60% of the tuition paid by June 1; the remaining 40% of the tuition, plus $230 service fee* due December 1.
Plan C: 10 payments
Ten equal monthly payments: The first payment is the deposit due upon signing the Enrollment Contract. Future payments, plus a $40 per month service fee*, begin May 1 and continue on the first of each of the following 8 months. The last payment is due on January 1.
*There is no service fee for families qualifying for financial aid.
The Tuition Refund Plan is an insurance program offered through by A. W. G. Dewar, Inc. that provides families with tuition obligation coverage in the event of a student's withdrawal or dismissal from the school before the academic year is completed. Detailed information on what is covered by the plan can be found in their brochure.