Tonight, you are all invited to return to campus for our annual Advent Service of Lessons and Carols in the OES Chapel. This service is an Anglican tradition that dates back to the 19th century. At OES the service features musical offerings from different student choirs and reading from OEs community members.
On Friday, the entire Lower School will gather for Giving Chapel. The 5th graders have shared information about these agencies during Gatherings and Chapel, created displays about the agencies and made instruction sheets for simple crafts a student could do. During Giving Chapel we present our gifts to representatives from the agencies. Then the 5th graders will represent the Lower School as they head out into the community to deliver the gifts and support the agencies. Remember to bring your Giving Bags in on Friday.
The celebration of the season takes on an entirely different character at next week’s St. Nick Chapel, when students exclaim their excitement before we head out into the Winter Break.
LS Friendly Reminders
• Student Absence and Plan Change Form - To improve the security of the Student Absence and Plan Change Form we have moved it into the Parent Portal. You may access it after signing into your parent portal.
• Gift Giving - As the season of giving is upon us I ask you review the the OES Gift Policy (p.19)
• Santa Hats – children are welcome to wear Santa hats on 12/15, St Nick Chapel day. Until then, please keep the Santa hats at home as they can be a distraction to many.
• Be Prepared
Be sure your child comes to school dressed for the windy and cold weather.
• Adverse Weather Conditions
• Update your Honeywell Instant Alert account. You need to register yourself in the Honeywell Instant Alert program to receive emergency and closure announcements from OES. Instant Alert Sign-in Page
• Be sure your list of adults who are authorized to pick-up your child is current.
• During any emergency, designated OES employees will remain in Lower School until all children have been released to appropriate adults.