Recently Ms. Duden's fifth-grade class clambered into canoes and set off to paddle around the wetlands . . . and then encountered something entirely unexpected.
Lower School Home
Our Lower School, pre-kindergarten through fifth grade, gets students off to a strong start towards being successful in school, in college, and later as global leaders and thinkers by featuring:
- Strong academic foundation in core subjects
- A safe, nurturing community
- Small classes that allow close individual attention
- A child-centered environment which fosters an enthusiasm for learning
- A flexible, inquiry-based curriculum
- Significant hands-on project work
- Art, music, Spanish, science, library, technology, and physical education taught by specialists
The day before Thanksgiving, OES welcomed 300 Grandparents and Special Friends to our campus!
Often times Greek mythology involves gods and goddesses causing great amounts of various types of trouble. But not so for the fifth graders in Ms. Akehurst's class.
Learning a new language isn't an easy task. Which is why the creative efforts of the OES World Languages educators should be widely celebrated!
How many ways can you transform a piece of paper? And what can you make using those strategies?